With just one week left until the final release for minecraft, the release candidates are minecraft.jar’s you can download for the purposes of preview and beta testing
Changelist from Reddit.com’s /r/minecraft):
- Wooden doors, trapdoors now work correctly.
- New sfx (also included in 1.8.1):
- Enderman sounds
- New hurt/death sounds for the player
- New “hit” sounds
- New explosion sounds
- New item pickup sounds
- New “toolbreak” sounds
- New eating sounds
- New arrow sounds
- New blaze sounds
- New XP pickup sounds
- Quit game button!
- Eggs spawn chicks instead of chickens. i.imgur.com/BSsKh.png
- New “toolbreak” particle effect.
- Bows have durability. i.imgur.com/YYgoI.png
- Weapon bug from RC1 is fixed.
- Shading on blocks in inventory! i.imgur.com/BRUAC.png (brings back some old memories pic)
- Baby sheep inherit colors from their parents.